Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced, two columns; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. See the author guidelines
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Dinamika Teknik Mesin
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off
their submission's compliance with all of the following items,
and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Dynamics of Mechanical Engineering receives written manuscripts / manuscripts /
scientific research results or simulations in the field of Mechanical Engineering open to the public.
The manuscript must be original, not translations or adaptations of other journals,
unpublished or not processed for other journal publications.
The manuscript is written in Indonesian or English correctly and correctly.
The script is typed one space with MS-Word (DOC file, or RTF), Arial 10 letters
on A4 paper pages in two columns except abstract or image and large enough tables.
The title is written short and dense, does not cause a variety of diverse,
and in accordance with the contents of the article.
The title is written with the letters Arial 14 bold,
left flat with a space 1 and a maximum of 20 words and
only the first letter is written capital.
Title, author name without title, affiliation with full address,
abstract maximum 250 words written in English
(if the manuscript is in English, then there are two abstracts in
English and Indonesian) and italicized, 3-5 Words, introductions containing backgrounds,
objectives and reviews of previous research or literature review;
Research methods that may contain schemes of research tools or
specimens and research procedures, research tools and materials,
duration of study, place of study, variables under study,
experimental conditions; results and Discussion; conclusion; Acknowledgment;
List of notations; Bibliography; Attachment if any.
1. Written under paper title without titles with Arial 10 bold.
2. Affiliation is written completely for all authors if each of
the author's affiliation is different.
3. Mark the author representing correspondence and write his/her email address.
1. For foreign words written in italics if the manuscript is written in Indonesian.
This does not apply to manuscripts written for in English.
2. The new paragraph starts at 1 cm (1 tab or First line 1 cm) from the left margin.
Inter paragraph is not spaced.
3. All numbers are written with numbers except at the beginning of a sentence.
4. The manuscript is written with A4 paper size in 2 (two) columns
with column widths of 7.75 cm each or spacing between 0.5 cm columns.
Typing margin: top 2.5 cm, bottom 3 cm, left 2.5 cm, right 2.5 cm.
Header 1.27 cm and footer 1.27 cm. The page number is used in Arial 10 and
placed in the middle bottom.
1. The drawing should be titled and the serial number of 1, 2, 3 and so on,
is placed below the image in the center position, if the caption is long,
then let it use the justify format.
2. The table is only given a simple horizontal line, only for opening and closing and table header,
no need vertical lines or variations of various shapes such as shadow, bold, tilt etc.
The table is numbered (1, 2, 3 and so on)and
the table name is written above the middle of the table table, if the table title is long,
more than one line, then use the justify format. A large table can placed or be made in one column.
3. Heading is written in uppercase and without any number. Sub-heading without any number and
a maximum of 2 (two) ratings. Sub-heading ranks 1 (bold) and the beginning of each word is upper case.
Sub-heading ranks 2 is written in italic bold and the beginning of each word is upper case too.
4. The literature reference is indicated by the author's name and
the year written at the end of the sentence,
see examples: Liu et al. (1998), or (Carey, 1998). The bibliography/references
is listed in alphabetical order (see the article template,
A. Articles, journals, magazines, proceeding / collection of articles
Carey V.P., 1998, Modeling of microscale transport in multiphase systems,
Proceedings of the Eleventh Heat Transfer Conference,
Taylor & Francis, Philadelphia, PA, 23-40.Joys M.M., Kuswarji T.G., 2011,
Flow boiling pressure drop in microchannels,
Third Micro and Nano Flows Conference, Thessaloniki, Greece, 22-24 August.
Liu Q.S., Roux B., Velarde M.G, 1998, Thermocapillary convection in two-layer systems,
International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 41, no. 11, 1499-1511.
Bejan A., 1995, Convection heat transfer, 2nd edition, Wiley, New York.
C. Report, thesis, thesis, dissertation:
Vanka S.P., 1989, Efficiency computation of viscous internal flows,
SBIR Phase-I Report, NAS3-25573, Propulsion Research Associates, Westmont, IL.
Pardi F.K., 2015, Pengaruh jumlah pipa terhadap unjuk kerja pemanas air tenaga surya dengan
absorber batu kerikil, Tugas Akhir, Teknik Mesin, Universitas Mataram.
Burns T., 1995, US Patent No. 358498.
Writing formulas / mathematical models starting from the left margin and
formulas are given sequence numbers (1), (2), (3) and
using Microsoft Equation 3. If the equations are long, then
they can be splited. Attachments (if any) are numbered A, B, C and
are placed after the references.
The length of writing and attachments are at least 5 pages and maximum of 15 pages.
Templates can be downloaded in the "for author" section or
Dinamika Teknik Mesin has a blind review process. After a paper is submitted to the journal, the journal editor screens the manuscript and decides whether or not to send it for full peer review. Only after clearing the initial screening is the manuscript sent to two or more peer reviewers. Finally, the journal editors or the journal’s editorial board consider the peer reviewers’ reports and make the final decision to accept or reject the manuscript for publication.
Reviewers evaluate submitted submissions to recommend that articles be accepted/rejected based on the following questions:
1. Whether original writing / no plagiarism.
2. Does the paper contain a novelty?
3. Is the manuscript written in Indonesian / English correctly and clearly?
4. Does the title reflect the contents of the paper?
5. Are the objectives and problems stated in the text clearly and
in accordance with the field of mechanical engineering?
6. Do images and tables clearly reflect objective outcomes?
7. Does the content of the manuscript have novelty?
8. Does the conclusion answer the objectives and problems stated in the manuscript?
9. Are references mostly current?
10. Overall recommendation and evaluation: Accept and publish as is, or Accept and
publish after minor revision, or Accept and published after major revisions, or Decline,
11. Additional comments from reviewer:
Copyright by Dinamika Teknik Mesin, Mataram University